Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
About the opportunity
Are you a highly motivated and experienced Maintenance Supervisor looking for a tree-change? An opportunity exists for you to join the Mobile Maintenance team at Huntly on a 12-hour shift roster.
In this leadership role you will be responsible for the operation and management of the assigned Mobile Maintenance team. The key challenges will be to develop the team capabilities to achieve business objectives and lasting improvements.
Your activities will include improving safety and equipment reliability culture to meet the business plan, optimising crew performance through coordination, coaching and feedback. You will also be prioritising Mobile Maintenance activities, including coordinating parts and labour to achieve both planned and unplanned work. The role ensures Mobile Maintenance activity is carried out in accordance with statutory requirements and within Alcoa operating procedures, to meet availability and environmental requirements.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A commitment to continuous improvement, especially in regard to Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Well-developed communication skills enabling you to interact well with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong coaching, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Previous experience in a Mobile Maintenance environment.
- Demonstratable leadership experience with a team at an executional level.
About where you will work
Huntly Bauxite Mine is located in the Darling Range near Dwellingup, approximately 100 kilometres south of Perth. It is the world’s second largest bauxite mine, supplying ore to Alcoa’s Pinjarra and Kwinana alumina refineries. Approximately 600 people work at the mine.
Thursday 27th February 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities -aus
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,000 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 17 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 56 years. More than 65 per cent of Alcoa’s Australian annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders.