Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Field Service Mechanical Fitter to join the Western Region Operations team at Komatsu Mining Corp (KMC).
By partnering with our customers, you will carry out maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment; ensuring optimum machine performance and provide excellent customer service. You will be responsible for a large variety of work which involves machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as the testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems. This will be a site-based role working on an 8:6 roster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide support and maintenance advice to customers for all KMC loader products on site
- Ensure that work performed on KMC equipment is to an appropriate standard
- Perform on-the-job training for our customer’s maintenance and operating personnel
- Assist customers in the identification, sourcing and ordering of parts when required
- In conjunction with the customer, develop and refine work scopes for scheduled work and repairs
- Manage service delivery against targets with a view to being recognised as ‘best in class’
- At all times, comply with customer safety standards and KMC safety requirements
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for
- Relevant Trade Certificate - Mobile Plant Mechanic (HD Diesel Fitter Earthmoving/Heavy Transport)
- Strong knowledge of loaders (please outline your knowledge and experience in your application)
- Mining/heavy industry experience with exposure to field service / breakdowns / diagnostics
- The ability to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical and engineering drawings
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised and in remote areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.