- Provide high level secretariat support for the Ministerial Oversight Committee (MOC) and Standing Committee of Officials (SCO) of the Electrical Equipment Safety system (EESS), to foster, manage and maintain positive working relationships with members and other stakeholders.
- Assist to coordinate the development and provision of high level advice to the MOC and SCO, to enable them to undertake their IGA stated functions.
- Assist the Director to provide strategic advice to the Deputy Director-General, Executive Director ESO, ESO Directors and broader OIR senior executive team relating to regulatory strategy development and service delivery,
including key strategic risks and opportunities, and the selection of appropriate regulatory tools to address them
- Lead and influence other Government Departments, electrical safety regulators and research organisations, intrastate, interstate and international, on priority research related matters and represent ESO at external forums
- Lead and conduct high level research, including legal research, analysis and reporting on electrical equipment and other electrical safety issues which informs the development and implementation of high level strategies, plans for electrical safety as well as processes and procedures for the required committees.
- Prepare submissions, briefs, memorandums and briefing notes and provide high level advice and support for the Minister, Deputy Director-General, Executive Director ESO, ESO Directors and OIR senior executive as required.
- Actively participate as an effective team member in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, OHS and ethical behaviour.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.