At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
This position reports directly to the Supervisor Maintenance, ensuring execution of maintenance activities on both planned and unplanned scenarios and includes the following:
- Demonstrate an overriding commitment to health, safety,
environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Repairs and servicing on Fixed plant, including; stackers, reclaimers, car dumpers
- Carrying out all activities within the whole of job scope, including pre-work, preparation of JHA’s, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks.
- Provide Feedback to Supervisors on inspections completed
- Monitor contracting jobs in progress and look for safety improvements in the way the job is being conducted.
- Attend to faults in the plant as they arise
- Take responsibilities for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the plant, including but not limited to Ship loader operation, Reclaimer Operations and PMO2’s
In this residential role you will be working on a lifestyle roster (4 days 5 off, 5 nights 4 off, 5 days 5 off, 4 nights 5 off, 5 days 4 off, 5 nights 5 off) and based in the coastal town of Port Hedland, Western Australia. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 15,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities.
The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Engineering qualification at Trade, Diploma or equivalent industry and/or organisational experience (Electrical Trade)
- Previous exposure to the mining, minerals, processing and manufacturing industries in a similar role is preferable
- A grade WA Electrical Licence
- High Voltage Experience is desirable
- EWP, Forklift, Dogging and Rigging Certificates
- High level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department
- Working knowledge of Mine Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- High skill level in 1SAP Work Management processes, Microsoft Suited
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others
- A current C Class Australian driver's license
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.