Job Overview & Purpose:
The position holder will be responsible for executing AML / CTF related functions including the completion of Sanctions, PEP & adverse media screening, Senior Public Figure reviews, Transaction Monitoring and supporting the Suspicious Matter Reporting Process. The position holder must ensure these are completed in line and satisfy both local and global regulatory requirements.
Context of Job:
In Partnership with the business, Operations contributes to the sustainable profitability of Rabobank by providing quality, controlled, efficient and professional friendly services at all points of contact and through the lifecycle of the client.
There is increasing regulation impacting RANZG with a greater need to demonstrate a robust framework, the role is to act as a key point of oversight for the execution of new regulations, initiatives, and projects to deliver efficient and effective implementation within RANZG. This would also involve a high level of engagement across various functions throughout Operations including the Compliance team.
The position responsible for ensuring Rabobank effectively and efficiently meet their Anti Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (including Sanctions) (“AML/CTF”) regulatory and policy obligations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage and clear the alerts generated in AML Transaction Monitoring Systems
- Investigate the alerts generated and ensure the appropriate procedure to follow
- Ensure the completeness and coverage TM alert investigation and able to perform QA and peer reviews
- Data quality analysis and able to provide improvement suggestions.
- Liaison between Technology teams, Business / Front line Team & Compliance team.
- To ensure the bank remains in control and compliant by adhering to local, regional and global AML / CTF standards.
- Establish relationships within key stakeholders across the business and be the contact point for all change initiatives where cross country function exercises are conducted.
- Be the SME for Transaction Monitoring and Screening requirements for RANZG
- Provide clear direction through the setting of clear objectives, key deliverables and KPI’s
- Review and complete Sanction screening including escalations
- Undertake Senior Public Figure reviews
- Support AML suspicious matter investigations through information retrieval
- Identify and escalate suspicious activity
- Communication of RANZG policies and procedures and any changes to legislative, regulatory and operational compliance requirements that impact Operations to relevant staff.
- Adhere to bank policy and procedures at all times
- Demonstrate Rabobank core values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Sustainability and role-model appropriate behaviour at all times.
- Provide regular reports to the Operations management team on developments, initiatives and new products.
- Degree qualified
- More than 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Sound experience in AML/CTF alert monitoring and Investigation
- Experience in assuring regulatory compliance
- Understanding of banking codes of practice and other legislation including Privacy act
- Working experience with Retail back office systems
- Previous experience in Detica/ Netreveal/ Norkom or similar workflow tools used for AML/CTF (desirable)
- Sound Knowledge in AML/CTF act and Transaction monitoring and suspicious activities investigation
- An understanding of the Australian and New Zealand regulatory environment and requirements
- Knowledge in Code of Banking Practice, AML and other Regulatory areas
- An understanding of banking and finance operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Previous knowledge and use of Accuity (desirable)
- Strong analytical mind-set and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Finance services/banking industry experience preferably in AU and NZ region
- Report writing skills
- Experience with Finance or Risk data/reporting.
- Able to work independently and should be a team player
- Demonstrate ability to act in a discrete and confidential manner
- Ability to make decisions which reflect the bank being in control and commercial.
- Demonstrated high levels of initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, demonstrable analytical skills and a high level of discretion
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Ability to manage competing priorities and plan own work effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Customer Focus – Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
- Partnership – Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
- Deliver results – Working actively and in a disciplined way towards achieving the agreed results and set goals. Working according to the principles of ‘right first time’ and ‘good is good enough’. Seeking challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
- Organising and monitoring – Organising the work systematically, effectively and efficiently. Exhibit cost-consciousness. Monitor progress of tasks, activities and processes, and take action where necessary.
- Resilience – Continuing to work effectively under pressure and in the face of setbacks. Exhibiting resilience in the face of resistance and disappointment.