About the Business
Wilmar Sugar Australia is the nation's leading sugar and renewable energy company. We are Australia's largest raw sugar manufacturer and exporter. We also generate green energy and produce much of Queensland's BioEthanol. Our joint ventures, Sugar Australia and NZ Sugar, market a wide range of products under the familiar brands CSR and Chelsea.
Wilmar Sugar owns and operates eight sugar mills in North Queensland. Our mills - located in the Herbert, Burdekin, Proserpine and Plane Creek regions - operate 24/7 during the crushing season, which typically runs from June to November. Outside of the crush, our teams are involved in an intensive repair,
maintenance and innovation program to ensure our sugar mills continue to be safe and reliable, and among the most efficient in the world.
Applications are invited from candidates for an Evaporator Operator at Kalamia Mill.
The Evaporator Operator reports to the Process Shift Coordinator and is responsible for operating the Juice Circuit encompassing Juice Heaters, Clarifiers, Filters, Associated Equipment and Evaporators in conjunction with other members of the Shift Team.
This position requires working on a shift roster during the crushing season period and requires a reasonable amount of overtime.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and operate a juice clarification process
- Monitor and operate the mud filtration process
- Monitor and operate the evaporator/syrup production process
- Control heaters and clarifiers and associated auxiliary equipment
- Chemically clean equipment
- Safely work with and prepare production chemicals (Flocculants, caustic, EDTA, Sulphamic acid, lime), following safe work practices and using appropriate safety equipment including PPE
- Monitor and care for process equipment
- Operate a process control interface
- Document production and processes by completing production logs & standard reports
- Assist other operators during major breakdown events (e.g. other stations)
- Be available for and undertake Evaporator chemical cleaning (Maintenance Days)
- Undertake other duties under the direction of the Shift Supervisor as the business needs arise
The Successful Applicant
- Common user competencies (preferred)
- Confined space entry and working at heights qualifications
- Must demonstrate a high compliance to site safety policies and procedures
Other skills or tickets may be viewed favourably; please ensure these form part of your application.
As a Burdekin Region employee, the successful applicants in the above position will be required to commence or finish work on time at any Burdekin Regional work site depending on the needs of the business.
Online applications are encouraged, please apply at www.wilmar.com.au/careers - hit the "Apply" button. If you have any questions regarding this role please contact David Watt on 0428365030. Applications close midnight 6th March 2020.