With approximately 50,000 talented people globally and 5,500 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
To find out more about working at WSP, our culture and values, WSP and please visit our website www.wsp.com
The Victorian market is currently very buoyant with major infrastructure projects overflowing from state and federal election commitments. WSP is well positioned locally and already on tender teams with tier 1 contractors for the detailed design and delivery projects in 2020. Specifically, we are preparing for several major rail and road projects including precinct planning and significant tunneling components.
To meet a growing demand our Melbourne team is expanding and currently looking to welcome an Air Quality Consultant or Senior Consultant with dispersion modelling and impact assessment experience.
Air quality plays an important role in our daily lives as it affects our health, amenity value and quality of environment. WSP’s approach to air quality modelling and impact assessment is characterised by our depth of expertise, and a firm commitment to quality assurance and innovation.
You will deliver on stimulating air quality projects, including construction dust modelling and monitoring (i.e. the Melbourne Metro liveability program), dispersion modelling for industrial developments such as gas ‘peaker’ power plants, and impact assessments for major transport approvals and environment impact statements.
Some of the key projects we’ve recently been involved in:
- Melbourne Metro – environmental design compliance and management including air quality modelling assessment of seven Metro station precincts and a Melbourne Liveability Monitor
- Suburban Road Upgrades – completion of environmental assessment and approvals for a program of over 30 road upgrade projects around Melbourne including two projects requiring an Environment Effects Statement
- TasWater Alliance, National Upgrades Program – environmental assessment, approvals and odour modelling for several upgrade and capacity expansion projects for Tasmania’s national water treatment and supply network
You will work within multi-disciplinary project teams and share knowledge with international colleagues in South Africa, Canada and the UK. You will have access to a strong client base in the transport, wastewater, resources, industrial, and property sectors.
For more information about our Air Quality services: click here.
What we'll love about you
You will have contributed to projects of varying value and handled competing priorities effectively.
We specifically seek a person with:
- Formal qualifications in environmental science, chemistry, meteorology or engineering
- 3 to 8 years' project management or project coordination experience
- Experience in air dispersion modelling assessment is required
- Good understanding of emission inventories and variable emission files
- Experience in preparing meteorological files for model input
- Moderate competency using AERMOD and CALPUFF
- Understanding of the regulatory requirements and relevant ANZ legislation (desirable)
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note we will not be engaging the services of recruitment agencies for this role.