See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you!
See yourself being part of a large, transformational change? This could be the role for you.
Who we are
At Iress, we believe technology should help people perform better every day. Since our beginning in 1993, people across financial services have trusted us to take their performance to the next level. From the world’s most established financial brands to new and disruptive players, we help improve every aspect of our clients’ businesses so that they can work better, every day.
Iress is one of Australia’s largest technology companies and employs more than 1,900 people across Australia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, New Zealand and Asia.
In this role you will provide analytical and technical support to both internal and external clients across a broad range of systems. You will also undertake process improvement initiatives covering all aspects of Superannuation administration and management.
What you will be doing
- Assist with configuration, scripting, testing and documentation for Superannuation administration systems
- Provide superannuation and technology subject matter expertise
- Consult with internal and client stakeholders
- Work closely with clients to identify areas of process improvement and best practice
- Ensure that all client deliveries and interactions adhere to the highest quality standards
- Requirements gathering
- Solution / system design
- System configuration
- Integration specification
- Quality assurance
- Technical and user documentation
- Acurity Architect scripting.
What you will need
- A solid understanding of the Superannuation industry
- Strong numeracy skills, familiarity with spreadsheets and analytical and reporting tools
- Ability to work effectively within a team and with external and internal clients and stakeholders
- This is a client facing role which requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of successful delivery; meeting deadlines with accuracy and quality
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
Why work with us
- Competitive remuneration
- Global opportunities
- State-of-the-art offices
- Casual dress, flexible work policy
- Access to learning and development programs
- 3 days’ leave per year for charity initiatives
- Global 36-hour hackathon
- Table tennis, pool tables, meditation rooms
- Up to 26 weeks’ paid parental leave for primary carers (up to 4 weeks for secondary carers), and the ability to work part-time when returning to work