With over 30 years of experience providing engineering and operations services to the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, Verbrec operates across Australia and New Zealand delivering breakthrough solutions in engineering, project delivery and asset performance through our companies LogiCamms, OSD and Competency Training.
Verbrec offers our clients a better way of working, with high performance, nimble and fit for purpose mindset, a relentless safety focus, and accountable, people-focused culture. We work with leading owners and operators in hydrocarbons, minerals and metals, and infrastructure sectors. Verbrec is a publicly listed company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:VBC).
About the role
We are now seeking applicants for an Engineering Manager role based in Adelaide.
This role will require a people-focused professional who can provide technical direction, leadership and guidance to a high performing engineering team across multiple disciplines, primarily Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls. The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who has proven experience in leading large teams and can deliver consistent quality results across multiple disciplines on multiple projects in parallel.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing and mentoring the South Business Unit Engineering team;
- Setting the culture and rhythm of the team through being part of the South Business Unit Leadership team, reporting directly to the General Manager;
- Driving a continuous improvement mindset to ensure your team consistently deliver the necessary quality on time to meet business goals;
- Resourcing, developing and equipping your team to meet business needs.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, seeking feedback and providing innovative solutions to meet their requirements and deliver improvements;
- Assisting in development of systems and procedures to ensure engineering projects comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, company policies and conditions set out in project scopes of works;
- Ensuring the technical integrity of the team, ensuring teamwork methods, tools, quality assurance and peer reviews meet or exceed requirements;
- Ensuring relevant aspects of the quality management system are followed by your team members;
- Contributing towards, and leading where necessary, Multidisciplinary Engineering proposals and tenders where appropriate;
- Identifying and documenting potential risks and develop effective control and mitigation strategies;
- Working with the Project Managers to track and report on financial results of the projects;
- Working with the Project Delivery Manager to continuously improve on the delivery of projects;
- Working with the General Manager to action the strategic plan for the Engineering group.
To be successful you will have:
- An Engineering degree and 15+ years’ experience in Engineering
- Proven track record of effectively managing large multidiscipline teams;
- Excellent engineering knowledge within the Energy (including Oil and gas), Mining and and/or Infrastructure sector;
- Successfully managed complex engineering projects that includes an understanding of scheduling and financials along with the end to end asset development cycle;
- Strong relationship-building skills;
- An advanced knowledge of the local market and key contacts to enable business development activities;
- The ability to work autonomously within your delegated authority.
- A desire to be part of an exciting and growing team committed to achieving our vision together.
An attractive remuneration & relocation package based on skills and experience is on offer to successful candidates. If you feel you are suited to this role, and serious about moving to Adelaide, please send us your details by hitting the "Apply Now" button.
The new Verbrec brand represents our evolution and continued growth by leveraging emerging techniques and technologies for the benefit of our clients. Evolution, engineered.
Our Vision - Meeting the future by engineering transformative solutions through full project and asset lifecycles.
Our Promise to You - We believe in passionate and innovative people delivering our success. We take pride in seeing our people continually develop their career opportunities and access wonderful employee benefits. We offer our people engaging and challenging work, the opportunity for personal success and, a fun and friendly culture. We are an inclusive workplace and we believe in diversity and opportunity for all.
Visit us at https://verbrec.com/ to learn more about your career with Verbrec.
*Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply*