- Bring your exceptional customer service experience to this newly created role
- Be part of a team where your initiative and problem solving is highly regarded
- Permanent role based in our Southbank office
With an owned and contracted generation portfolio of around 3,000MW, Alinta Energy delivers an essential service to over one million combined electricity and gas retail customers in Australia. We employ around 700 people throughout operations across five of Australia’s six states as well as New Zealand. With a decades-long history in Australia as an energy generator and retailer, we’re proud to deliver for our customers.
We’re determined to make energy more affordable and we are committed to securing an energy mix that delivers on this challenge. This includes working to deliver 1,500MW of large-scale renewable energy by 2025 as well as delivering innovative and lower-emissions energy solutions for major industrial customers.
We are looking for experienced Desktop Support Analyst to join our Information Technology team and be based in our Southbank office in this new Full Time permanent position. Reporting to the IT Service Delivery Manager - Enterprise Technology, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a national team and be the “face” for the IT team in Melbourne. You will be responsible for providing technical support of desktop computers, applications and related technology for our employees. Support includes specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals. The position requires a high level of customer service through one-on-one consultancy with end users. The role also assists in the maintenance and testing of local based national infrastructure for video conferencing, servers and associated equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standard and guidelines
- Work with our external vendors primarily through the service desk to troubleshoot issues
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems
- Induct and train and staff on use of hardware and software
- Recommend or perform upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
- Help maintain desktop asset list for all computer across our Melbourne offices
- Assist the national End User Computing team
To be successful you will have:
- Exceptional customer service orientation, able to identify and understand client needs and ensure a result to client’s requests. Able to quickly build and maintain rapport with clients
- A strong understanding of the technical aspects of laptops, desktops and Microsoft application suite
- A strong understanding of the technical aspects of laptops and desktops
- Knowledge of current Information Technologies, including Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Local Area Networks, TCP/IP networking, Active Directory, WINS, DNS, DHCP
- Understanding of network infrastructure including Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Strong understanding of email and video conferencing systems (Outlook & MS Teams)
- ITIL qualification
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
If you have a passion for providing customer excellence, have significant desktop support experience and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment, then we want to hear from you!
Working at Alinta Energy you will have access to a range of benefits, such as:
- Flexible work options – Alinta Energy is currently trialling a flexible work option for most roles where you can work a combination of days from the office and from home
- Staff Energy Offer (where products are available)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Salary Packaging options
- Full access to Headspace Application
- Salary continuance insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Purchased leave
- Community volunteer leave
Let’s spread the positive energy together…
Alinta Energy is a Circle Back Initiative employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Click “APPLY” to submit your application.
Please note that if your application progresses you will be required to complete background/pre-employment checks. These checks may include but are not limited to - right to work/immigration checks, reference checks, criminal background checks, checks, qualification checks and additional finance checks for finance related positions.