Parramatta City Council
- Multiple casual positions available
- Attractive remuneration
About the role
This position is responsible for delivering Councils award winning Dolphins Swim School Program. Dolphins Swim School offers a great team environment, ongoing staff training. The successful candidates you will:
- Deliver Swimming and Water Safety education to the community
- Offer customer service excellence
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Have availability to work weekday afternoons and weekend mornings
About the person
The successful candidate should have previous experience delivering swimming and water safety programs and the following qualifications:
- Recognised Australian Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety qualifications (AUSTSWIM, Swim Australia or Royal Life Saving)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current NSW Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Recognised Australian extension qualifications including but not limited to, Infant and Preschool Aquatics, Competitive Strokes, Adults and Access and Inclusion
- Current Australian Pool Lifeguard qualification
We are offering an attractive hourly rate of $29.30 per hour plus 25% casual loadingand weekend penalties.
Want to know more?
Further information regarding the requirements of this role can be found in the attached Position Description, alternatively for a confidential discussion please contact Hannah Mostafa on (02) 9806 5659 or Avril Taing on (02) 9806 5649.
How to apply
Candidates MUST apply online at https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/about-parramatta/careers and answer the position selection criteria. Applications close 9pm, Friday 6 August 2021 and will not be accepted through any other medium.
Prohibited persons as defined under the NSW Child Protection Act are not eligible to apply. A copy of a valid Working with Children Clearance must be presented at Interview.
This position requires the preferred candidate to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical Check, which also includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
The City of Parramatta supports a Drug and Alcohol free working environment and employees may be subject to random testing as a result.
City of Parramatta Council embraces diversity and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from Multicultural backgrounds and people with disability. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights in Australia to apply for this position.
Swim Instructor - PD Opens in new window