Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
Working at CDPQ Sydney and reporting to the Managing Director, Infrastructure, Australia and New Zealand, the successful candidate will contribute to creating the business plan and growing the portfolio by participating in quality transactions that are well aligned with CDPQ’s investment priorities. Due to the strong growth expected for CDPQ’s Infrastructure portfolio over the next few years, the successful candidate, in collaboration with all team members, will stay informed about all transactions and investments while ensuring careful monitoring and active management of risks related to portfolio assets.
- Proactively monitor financial and operational indicators,
as well as financial reports of portfolio companies.
- Generate portfolio value added by issuing recommendations on key industry trends and strategic issues of investments under management.
- Prepare internal and external reports on portfolio companies based on set deadline.
- Actively participate in investment, divestment or restructuring proposals specific to portfolio investments.
- Conduct rigorous modelling by drawing out the principle decision points.
- Evaluate potential investments using the appropriate method.
- Play an active role in the investment opportunity due diligence process.
- Help draft recommendation documentation for new investment opportunities.
- Systematically conduct in-depth research on economic conditions and trends related to your sector: proactively follow the news and collect information from key sources.
- Produce comprehensive, quality analyses of market issues and priorities in your sector and recommend strategies to adopt.
- Produce sector studies on potential markets to develop.
- Collaborate on strategic planning for the Infrastructure specialized portfolio’s investments.
- Develop effective searching and monitoring tools.
- A graduate degree in finance or a related field
- At least seven (7) years of experience in investing, corporate finance or investment banking in infrastructure
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Solid experience in financial analysis and modelling
- Experience in the Australian market is an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office and financial IT tools (Bloomberg, Capital IQ, etc.)
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written French is considered an asset
- Strong ability to manage stress and priorities
- Extremely rigorous
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Commitment, enthusiasm, proactive and strong organizational skills
- Good team player and seeks the best solutions for the organization
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Effective communication
- Humility and diplomacy
- Sense of initiative
- Adaptability to change
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees