New South Wales
Employment Type: Temporary Various
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: CAM1222
Radiology Local Area Network (LAN) 2
What you'll be doing
Radiology Trainees provide high quality radiology services whilst learning all stages of the radiological examinations of patients including referrals, triaging, supervision, performance, reporting and communication of the procedure. They will participate in all aspects of the Department of Medical Imaging, involving Clinical Radiologists as medical experts, including professionalism, team work, communication, advocacy and management.
• Provide general Radiology consultation for patients referred to the department for radiological procedures.
• Participate in reporting of all diagnostic and intervention procedures undertaken in a timely manner under the supervision of the consultant Radiologist of the day.
• Perform radiological procedures and interventions, the range and complexity of which to be commensurate with experience and stage of training, guided by RANZCR curriculum requirements.
• By the end of training, the trainee should be able to provide effective radiology services to patients under supervision, while developing expertise in medical and imaging practice in a complex clinical environment.
The successful applicants will be appointed as The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists ("RANZCR") accredited Radiology Trainees in a NSW Health Radiology Training Network (ie. Local Area Network or LAN), and will be appointed to a “home hospital”, where the successful applicant(s) will be working and training the majority of the time. The position will involve rotations to other LAN sites and may encompass other curriculum requirements in order for the trainee to attain their Fellowship with RANZCR. Trainees will spend no more than four years at any single training site within their five year training program as per RANZCR.
Radiology training contracts comprise a two-year then a three-year contract to fulfil the five year training requirement. Length of contract will however depend on which training year you are applying for as follows:
Year 1 - contract is 2 years
Year 2 - contract is 1 year
Year 3 - contract is 3 years
Year 4 - contract is 2 years
Year 5 - contract is 1 year
- Qualifications and experience commensurate with the Essential Requirements for the role.
- Demonstrated interest in Radiology and preparation for Radiology training (including Part 1 RANZCR exams and other curriculum requirements).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a complex health care setting with proven time management, analytical and reasoning skills, and good common routine procedural skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and multimedia communication skills, in order to interact effectively with patients, referrers, colleagues and other team members.
- Understanding and promotion of collaborative effort and empathy within a heterogeneous team environment such as a radiology department.
- Excellent academic record commensurate with experience, evidence of on-going learning, teaching activities, potential involvement with projects and research publications.
- Understanding quality improvement principles, audit, implementation of practice improvement initiatives and commitment to continuing professional development.
- Experience in a broad spectrum of clinical disciplines prior to undertaking radiology training.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Preeti Saraswati on [email protected]
Applications Close: 12 August 2021