Airbus Group Australia Pacific
About the role
Supporting the RAAF C130J, as the Aircraft Surface Finisher, you will work as part of our Fixed Wing Richmond Maintenance team in providing aerospace painting services for both composite and metallic components, aircraft in servicing and operational squadron support. You will be primarily responsible for performing all steps within surface finisher activities while supporting operational units in Industry specific tasks, such as surface finish work on components, and aircraft or component repairs, or modifications.
The knowledge, skills and experience best suited to this role would include:
- Certificate III in Aircraft Surface Finisher
- Previous experience in painting either rotary or fixed wing aircraft
- Experience in painting composite and metallic aircraft and components
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. With a workforce of 130,000 Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners around. Airbus Australia Pacific (AAP) is the region's largest helicopter business, employing more than 1500 people across 17 locations in Australia and New Zealand. With the largest market share in civilian and military helicopters, the company supports more than 500 Airbus Helicopters and is well recognised as a leading Through-Life-Support provider in military fixed wing and helicopter platforms.
What's on offer?
The Airbus Group is a global platform for excellence, with network expertise providing our people with the opportunity to be a part of rapidly advancing innovations in engineering and technology to accomplish the extraordinary; making the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. We have dedicated resources to deliver:
- Flexible work arrangements that include a 4 day working week
- Clear operational and strategic objectives with significant future commercial opportunities
- Supportive structures, systems and processes with a commitment to your development
- Strong links to the broader Airbus Group global community
- Values driven leadership focussed on employee and customer experience
- Competitive salary packaging, Employee Share Ownership Plan, Employee health plans
At Airbus, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. Diversity is key to our ability to work cohesively as a team regardless of age, disability, race, sex, intersex status, gender identity and sexual orientation.
Airbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment medical screening which may include drug and alcohol testing.
Application Close Date: Tuesday 30th November 2021