These positions are for students who want to commence a career in professional accounting and who are either:
- Completing the HSC in 2021 and will be commencing an accounting/commerce degree in 2022;
- Currently studying for a degree accredited by the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
The Program Provides
- Experience in all aspects of accounting – Tax, Accounting, Audit.
- Minimum 4 days per week paid employment during semester.
- Direct mentoring from a Manager.
- 2 days paid study leave per subject, including day of exam.
- Book allowance.
- 4 weeks annual leave.
- 5 days per week paid employment during university semester breaks (optional).
- Expectation of ATAR of 85+/ or currently have Uni results in a CA ANZ approved degree, of Credit average or above.
- A keen interest in business.
- A really good eye for seeing both detail and the "big picture"
- Good memory for the accounting knowledge you have learnt at Uni
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills together with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to become a Chartered Accountant
- Insightful and co-operative personality
- An active interest in extra-curricular and community activities
- Sound ability with Microsoft Office programs
- High levels of self motivation and leadership experience
- Self confidence with a can do attitude, but knowing when you need extra guidance
- An understanding of Chartered Accounting as a career choice
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence
If you are interested in one of these positions and meet the above criteria, please submit your application to [email protected] together with:
- A covering letter addressing your suitability for the position;
- Your CV; and
- All HSC and University results for all results to date including repeated and failed subjects.
Applications for these positions remain open until they are filled
When working at Spry Roughley you will enjoy:
Technical Skill Development
- Professional study support – CA & beyond
- Residential training at each level with ACATG
- Monthly technical training
- External training
- Feedback on every job
- Structured induction
- Encouragement from buddy when you start
- the support of a buddy & Coach
- Bi-annual Partner performance reviews
- Supported personal goal plans
- Opportunity to become a good all round accountant before specialisation
- Work in all areas – audit, business services & tax
- Challenging research projects