There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more. Making sure there is enough food, fibre and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our over 175-year history. Here, the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. RIGHT NOW.
Title: Territory Business Manager
Primary Location: Austrália (AU) - Victoria- Melbourne
Hiring Manager: Stewart (Fraser) F Scott
The year 2020 has seen significant changes for John Deere globally, with the modernisation of our enterprise operating model in order to position for our future.
The new model unlocks greater value for our customers accelerates our competitive advantage in the field of advanced technologies builds on our fundamental manufacturing strengths, and more importantly empowers our people to lead and deliver solutions.
We are looking for someone to join us and become an integral part of a close-working high-performing Marketing & Sales ANZ team. This is a Field-based position and will require regular travel to John Deere dealers within Victoria & Tasmania and may require travel to the US to attend meetings or training as appropriate. You can be based either in Melbourne or Regional Victoria.
What you’ll do:
As the Territory Business Manager, you will focus on developing dealers, influencing dealer management, establishing business plans, driving Leadership Strategy in Territory and ultimately responsible for dealer complete good sales performance.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Creating and executing key strategic performance plans for Territory to ensure market growth
- Consulting and advising dealers to meet their commercial goals to growth their business
- Responsible for seeking out industry information and arrange it in a way that showcases opportunities that can help our Dealers meet their goals
- Manage the Sales Goal planning process by conducting quarterly market update meetings to align with the dealer on their goals by product line
- Responsible for the Inventory/Pipeline Management by undertaking quarterly forecast planning
- Providing financial and product support as well as commercial analysis to the dealer network to identify areas of opportunity and growth
- Conduct and facilitate documented monthly sales meetings with all dealers on territory.
- Design and maintain the Territory Business Plan and support the dealer business plan creation
- Provide dealers with regular High Potential Analysis to assist them to identify areas of opportunity
- Partner with our Dealers to provide business process and optimisation to take full advantage of their total area of responsibility (AOR)
With strong business acumen, you are an energetic, self-starter, and have the potential to become a ‘TRUSTED ADVISOR’ for our dealers. You are passionate about the opportunity and have a combination of the following technical skills, attributes, and experience:
- Strong experience in relationship management and territory management in the agricultural industry or related sectors
- Commercial understanding of P&L; and strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of outdoor equipment products, customers, markets, and competitors highly regarded
- Strong interpersonal communications skills, conflict resolution, and attention for detail
- Has advanced planning and executing ability. Should be able to plan for the territory and assist dealers to execute these plans
- Advanced people management and negotiation skills; ability to influence without authority
- Ability to take initiative – jump on challenges and embrace the new and unknown
- Background / experience Agri banking is desirable
New demands require innovative solutions. At John Deere, you'll make what isn't possible today, tomorrow's reality. Working with the latest technology, collaborating with the best and brightest in the field, expanding your knowledge and honing your skills-all are key components of unmatched career satisfaction as a member of the John Deere team.
What You'll Get:
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
Applications for this position will close at COB **28-Nov, 2021**.
Note: Appropriate work authorisations are required in this country prior to application. International/Domestic Relocation within Australia/New Zealand is/is not available for this position.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere believes in the power of diversity in the workforce and we and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.