Rheinmetall Defence Australia
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
About the role
The Product Delivery and Acceptance Manager is responsible for supporting the process of vehicle delivery, within the scope of their discipline and delegation, from assembly, factory acceptance testing and vehicle acceptance by the customer.
As the Product Delivery and Acceptance Manager you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Work as part of integrated product delivery team (IPT), including Configuration management, production and Quality, to develop and deliver all necessary documentation and plans to support Customer acceptance of vehicles;
- Chair the engineering issue rectification team, manage and monitor resolution of all issues identified in supply chain,
production, testing and customer use of vehicles;
- Monitor and follow up to closure of quality notes raised by production related to engineering (for the discipline of the incumbent);
- Be the single point of contact within RDA for engineering to answer queries raised by;
- Develop technical solutions to issues raised in production as far as it is within the team’s capacity; and
- Provide answers to Customer queries during vehicle acceptance process.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- Detailed knowledge of the design of sub-assemblies of the vehicle;
- Experience using Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management tools, SAP, TeamCenter and Microsoft office suite;
- Experience in interpreting drawings and specifications to support troubleshooting of production issues;
- Knowledge of, or exposure to, ASDEFCON standards will be beneficial in particular acceptance of supply processes and applications for deviations (SG001 and SG002);
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication, consultation and leadership skills;
- Be eligible for an Australian Government Security Clearance (NV1) and have the capacity to satisfy pre-employment screening; and
- You MUST be an Australian Citizen to apply.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall, a global technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Weapon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Rheinmetall AG, publicly listed and based in Düsseldorf, Germany, is a powerful, internationally successful corporation. As an integrated technology group, Rheinmetall is a market leader in the areas of environmentally friendly mobility and threat-appropriate security technology. Rheinmetall commands a foremost position as a global first-tier supplier to the automotive industry for modules and systems. Furthermore, Rheinmetall is Europe’s foremost supplier of defence and security technology and a longstanding partner of the armed forces.