Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Health Manager Level 4
Remuneration: $130,373.00 - $155,983.00, plus Superannuation
Location: 1 Reserve Road, St Leonards
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ272403
Closing Date: 30 November 2021 (11:59PM)
Where you'll be working
The NSW Ministry of Health supports the Minister for Health and the Minister for Mental Health to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of people in NSW. It functions as a coordination point for the entire NSW public health system.
The Strategic Reform and Planning Branch (SRPB) leads and supports health system reform. The Branch reports to the Deputy Secretary,
Health System Strategy and Planning in the Ministry of Health.
A key immediate priority of this Unit within the Strategic Reform and Planning Branch is to develop and drive the approach to value based healthcare (VBHC) in NSW. The VBHC Framework supports the NSW Health vision for a sustainable health system that delivers outcomes that matter to patients, is personalised, invests in wellness and is digitally enabled.
Value based healthcare in NSW means delivering services that improve:
- the health outcomes that matter to patients
- the experience of receiving care
- the experience of providing care
- the effectiveness and efficiency of care
The Strategic Reform and Planning Branch is a fast-paced, collaborative environment and sees the team working with high level internal and external stakeholders. The Branch is driving an exciting phase of innovation and change; and the position will play a role in shaping the future direction of the NSW health system.
For more information go to www.health.nsw.gov.au
What you'll be doing
The Principal Project and Policy Officer manages, coordinates and delivers a portfolio of projects that supports the achievement of NSW Health’s strategic and system priorities.
Strategic thinking and advanced project management, analytic, evaluation, communication and stakeholder management skills are an essential part of this role. You will be contributing recommendations and advice to the senior management team and other stakeholders to embed value based healthcare and emerging strategic reforms to facilitate executive decision making.
You may be asked to undertake further assessments as part of the recruitment process for this position, which may include, but is not limited to, psychometric assessment (e.g. personality and cognitive abilities assessments) and/or particular work tasks.
How to apply
Your application to be considered should include:
- Responses addressing the selection criteria below
- An up-to-date resume of no more than five (5) pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
- Two referees will need to be supplied prior to an offer being made.
- Application must be lodged electronically. Please go to https://jobs.health.nsw.gov.au/ and search Job Reference Number REQ272403 to submit your application.
- Highly-developed project management skills and the demonstrated ability to plan and implement complex projects on time, in a high-volume, changing environment, with multiple stakeholder perspectives.
- Strong organisational skills and a proven ability to deliver high-quality work in a demanding professional environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) including a demonstrated ability to succinctly present complex concepts to diverse audiences to support strategic decision making.
- High-level interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, with demonstrated experience developing collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders to achieve project goals.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills including the demonstrated ability to analyse and interpret complex information from a variety of sources to make informed recommendations.
- The ability to identify, manage and mitigate emerging risks in a policy environment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and experience providing high-level strategic advice to executives to support informed decision making and implementation of complex projects.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Samantha Reid at [email protected]
Our Commitment to Diversity
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+, those with special needs and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For more information, visit our Aboriginal Workforce Page or contact our Access and Inclusion Team.
Aboriginal Workforce contact email: [email protected]
Access and Inclusion Team contact email: [email protected]
Things to consider when submitting application:
To be eligible for employment in the role you must be one of the following. You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia, and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia:
- an Australian Citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia, or
- a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or
- a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
COVID 19 Vaccination requirement
All NSW Health workers are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine by 30 September 2021 and two doses by 30 November 2021 or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
To learn more about working at the NSW Health, please visit our career portal.
Applications Close: 30 November 2021 (11:59PM)