We are currently seeking a Technical Principal in our Roads & Highways design team based in our Adelaide office. The person will need to apply their technical expertise to generate innovative, economical and practical solutions that will strengthen the business through project implementation and delivery, research and development and business development.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will be able to:
- Build SMEC's brand nationally & regionally as a leading consultant with a strong reputation for innovation,
technical excellence, quality and project delivery
- Assist the Regions to achieve sustainable growth of the group through targeted client relationship management and business development activity
- When required, provide project governance, at project director level, of project management in the group to achieve reliable project performance in terms of sophistication, timeliness and quality
- Support functional management to provide leadership to the employees in the group to ensure cohesion, optimal performance, resourcing, retention and professional development
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Civil Engineering
- Expert level technical knowledge in Road and Highway design
- Excellent industry awareness
- Superior ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Able to undertake some travel (domestic or international).
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders.
We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
With over 14,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Sam Hull – [email protected]
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at www.smec.com/careers